Thursday, November 3, 2016

P-Dub feat Roy Radics : Slogans (2016) NEW SONG + VIDEO


Spring came pretty fast this year. It never got cold for that extended of a time. The colder months of January and February were pretty mild, actually;  punctuated here and there with the odd cold day, but otherwise we got off pretty easy meteorologically speaking.
Just as winter was turning to Spring, I got the sad news that my good friend and longtime collaborator Roy Persaud aka Roy Radics had passed away. My last words to him via text were : “I’m 3 IPA’s to the wind, my friend, going surfing tomorrow – cold water. need rest.  link me tomorrow”. We had been working on some songs with dancehall artist Gaza Kym and had been back n forthing throughout the week. I had been waiting all day for Roy to email me some lyrics to work on with Kym, and well…we never finished that song.
  Although I was devasted, I eventually came to realize that it feels better to celebrate a life rather than to dwell in grief. It didn’t take long before I was going through the old hard drives to search for any lost musical gems that Roy and I had left unfinished. I found many recordings and realized that I had the start of a great Roy Radics project on my hands. Hearing Roy’s voice coming through the speakers brought back  tons of  memories. It was quite awesome. All of Roy’s vocals were done, I just needed to do an odd verse or two and add some fire. With that in mind I contacted Roy’s bandmates/family from the Rudie Crew and told them what I was thinking. Everybody was stoked on the idea and so we got busy. Great horn arrangements and more cherished memories were the result! Needless to say, you will be hearing a lot more about this amazing project. I will definitely keep you updated and I urge you to get a copy when it drops this holiday season. Please join my mailing list at www.dubonline.net
Peace and Regards,
Dub

0 comments: