Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Pre-Order the new Predator Dub Assassins album "Songs In The Key Of Sea"...















Friends

It certainly has been a while, but the new Predator Dub Assassins album “Songs In The Key of Sea”  is finished. This is the first Predator Dub Assassins album in two years. Its also the first album to feature all new songs in longer than I care to admit. I did things a lot differently this time. Instead of sticking to the musical rules of the reggae genre, I just let the songs do whatever they wanted. If a song popped out sounding funky, I let it. If a waltz popped its head in the door, I welcomed it in and this eclectic album resulted. The reggae is definitely in there. Its one of the main elements of the stew but you may have to look harder to find it on some tunes, while on others it’s more than obvious. Another crucial element to the music is the ocean. I wanted to make an album about the ocean. I always start out extreme. I actually intended to do an album of reggae sea shanties (which is a dumb ass idea, you can run with that one if you like) but the thing molded itself into a collection of tracks that makes way more sense then that would have (for me, at least). Lastly, I always wondered what would happen if you took the 60s garage band approach to recording and producing a reggae band. While some tracks are certainly more layered than others on this album, every single song was cut live in the studio, with the band playing together. I only used three mics on the drums and I let it bleed. I wound up loving the results and I think you will too.

The album pre-order starts on April 1st on iTunes, Amazon and Bandcamp and it would certainly mean the world to me if you would support this effort by pre-ordering a copy from one of these outlets. Let’s celebrate.

Many Thanks and Regards,
Dubby

0 comments: